Monday, September 22, 2008

The Wheels are Turning

We had a nice little chat about behaving at a store I had to quickly go into to pick out a present for their friend who is having a b-day--and I was dreading it. So I gave a mini lecture about listening...this was Kaylin's response: "Oh listening to mommy is easy Ethan! I always listen because if you don't, you go to the bad man in heaven!"

Kaylin and Ethan spent Saturday with Aunt Jo Jo. When I came to pick them up they were watching Bambi. Aunt Joanna told me this:
Background--Bambi's mom gave him the last leaf on a tree
Kaylin: What did she give him?
Aunt Jo Jo: A leaf, you know they eat green things
Kaylin: But not all green things-- like crayons, they would choke!


We have those Vitamin C Halls in the car that are different flavors. The kids love them.
Ethan: Mom, can I swallow these?
Mom: No, honey, I don't want you to choke.
Ethan: (famous line) Why?
Mom: Well when you choke, you can't breathe and we'd have to take you the hospital and I really don't want you to die...(yeah you may think that's extreme, but you have to take extreme measures to get this kid to listen)
Ethan thought about this for a while....he responds:
Yeah, I don't want to die mom, then I'd go to heaven with Danen and Jesus way up in the sky! I won't swallow this.
Check!! Lesson learned! :)

We are eating popcorn one night...
Ethan, pointing to his tooth: Mom somethings wrong way back here.
Mom: Did you get a popcorn seed stuck in your teeth?
Ethan: No, it's a shell. Sea shells are sharp!

7 comments:

Whitings said...

Kids say the funniest things. I think it is wonderful that you write them down. They will love know what they were like. They are so dang cute!

A Forever Family said...

What a cute kid ethan is. Good thing he learned quickly about that choking thing. Choking is one of my worst fears....eeek. I often think that I should brush up on my CPR just to be prepared for life, but life just keeps me so busy that it never gets done. Ya I suppose you can just call me one paranoid woman.=)

Brooke Bennett said...

so cute!

Tami said...

I love the new look of your blog! Right down to the blue and green working. Nice! Your kids are so cute! My kids were all here this morning so I read them all of these quotes.. they laughed hysterically. I think that I am going to use the bad man in heaven line. Thanks Kaylin

The Grush's said...

The things that kids come up with. Thanks for sharing!

The Grantham Family said...

Cute little conversations with your kids! They say the funniest things. I LOVED Ethan's take on the AOF #2...he is so passionate about it!

Also, those pictures of the 3 beauties...every single one of them got the most beautiful eyes. I especially LOVE the picture with Kaylin and Ethan laughing and looking at Aidrian and she is like, "what!" Too cute.

Okay. We need to talk about Prison Break. I feel awful that I did not tell you how good this show is. We watched season 1 on dvd and watched it all in a weekend! Now we are all caught up and can't wait for Monday night, it is the best. I find myself holding my breath the entire episode! It is one of our faves and I am so glad you have caught the fever. Isn't Michael eye candy...mmmmmm mmmmmm

Anyway, loved all your pictures! You are the queen of journaling and record keeping!

Mandee said...

hey you--kids say the silliest things! I love it! Oh--i know i've been soooo bad about keeping in touch, BUT, I'm pregnant!!!! AAAHHHH!!! due march 9th---we find out what it is next week. i've been soooo tired and a bit sick- that's why i haven't posted. i was waiting to make the announcement more "public" when we find out what it is.....think PINK!